As we approach the end of winter here in Indy (crossing my fingers here), I know it’s almost time for one of the hottest events of the year: Museum by Moonlight! The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is gearing up for their annual event for adults who just want to be kids for the night. Um, dance party in Dinosphere anyone?
I went last year and it was such a fun evening! Mark your calendars for February 25 and follow these tips for the best experience at Museum by Moonlight:
- Wear comfortable shoes – Trust me, last year I was glad I sported my Nikes. There’s so much to do and see, you’ll be moving all night! Speaking of…
- Start at the top and work your way down – You’ll get first dibs on the Carousel and once you’re ready for the ground floor, you can ride down the Chocolate Slide. So fun!
- Save your appetite – There’s so many great food vendors at the event, be sure to try samples from Oberweis, Buca di Beppo, Oceanaire Seafood Room, Marco’s Pizza, Palomino, Chick-fil-A, and more!
- Experience all that’s new – Since last year, the museum opened two permanent exhibits: Beyond Spaceship Earth, the reinvented ScienceWorks, and opening soon is Circus—Starring YOU!.
- Bring your best dance moves – My friends and I had such a blast dancing the night away in Dinosphere last year. If you haven’t ever donned the headphones in a silent disco, I highly recommend you check it out.
- Snap selfies often – Be sure to share the fun on social media by tagging your pictures with #MuseumByMoonlight. Bonus points if you get your face painted!
- Plan your ride ahead of time – Uber, Lyft, and taxis are good options if you’re partaking in your free drink ticket and the cash bar. You can also keep your car parked in the museum parking garage until 10 a.m. on Sunday, if necessary. There’s no excuse to drink and drive! (And be sure to not accidentally take someone else’s Uber like we almost did last year.)
- Buy your ticket in advance – Tickets purchased online or over the phone are $10 off. They’ll be $85 at the door, but don’t count on it, as this event is likely to sell out as it did last year!
Now you’re ready to enjoy a memorable night at the world’s best children’s museum—big kids only! Museum by Moonlight is February 25, from 8 p.m.–midnight.