Asante Children’s Theatre is looking for new board members! Read more below.
- Become familiar with, monitor, and support the organization’s mission, vision, values, goals, policies, and programs.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who would make a positive contribution to ACT.
- Be willing to serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments when asked.
- Serve at least one 2 or 3-year term.
- Serve the organization as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Adhere to ACT’s conflict of interest policy and avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest that might embarrass the board or organization, and disclose any possible conflicts to the board in a timely fashion.
- Actively participate in strategic and long-term planning for the organization as well as board development activities.
- Prepare for, participate in, and attend at least 90% of regularly scheduled board meetings.
- Ask timely and substantive questions at board and committee meetings while supporting the majority decision on issues decided by the board.
- Periodically suggest agenda items for board and committee meetings to ensure that significant matters are addressed.
- Actively participate and serve on one committee of the board; attend committee meetings.
- Utilize the online volunteer management system to track participation hours
- Attend at least one main stage production and one workshop a year.
- Collaborate with ACT’s executives on the creation and implementation of a personal action plan for individual board service.
- Exercise due care and good faith in all dealings with ACT and its interests.
- Exercise prudence with the board in the control and transfer of funds.
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
Investment and Promotion:
- Be a committed board member by securing a minimum financial contribution of $1,000 annually, either through personal donation or acquisition of individual donors.
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization of $100 annually.
- Attend the annual fundraiser.
- Attend additional fundraising and promotional activities as able.
- Serve as an ambassador within the community and increase awareness of ACT and its mission by connecting ACT to personal, business, and community contacts.
Interested? Contact Larry Kelly at email@example.com to learn more!