Hospice Companion Volunteer
You don’t need an advanced degree or specialized skillset to help care for someone during the last days of their life. All you need is a heart for comforting and caring for others – we provide all the training you’ll need through our free volunteer training program.
Right now we’re looking specifically for volunteers to help within the Indianapolis area. If you are interested in becoming a Premier Hospice Volunteer, please contact Katresha Taylor at Katresha.Taylor@
Volunteers play a vital role in our Golden Rule mission to treat others the way we would want to be treated. Patients and families appreciate the fact that volunteers are people in their community who want to do something kind for someone else.
Many of our volunteers have a personal hospice story, and can relate firsthand to the experiences of our patients and families.
More about Premier Hospice
Premier Hospice volunteers make a difference by:
- Providing companionship and friendship to patients during the last days of their lives.
- Offering emotional, spiritual, and physical support to families and caregivers.
- Running errands to ease the burden felt by family and loved ones.
- Performing light housekeeping duties, and creating a clean and comfortable atmosphere.
- Assisting the Premier Hospice staff with mailings, typing tasks, collating print material and answering telephone calls.