Any time Thursday – Saturdays, 10am – 1:30pm or 1:30pm – 5pm. Sundays 11am 1:30pm or 1:30pm – 5pm
To support the activities at the Museum during a special event. These special events range from Celebration Crossing, Canal Nights, Pinewood Derby, Art Fair, Geofest to name a few. These events are designed to give our visitors a different experienced opportunity at the museum like helping our younger guests race their pinewood derby cars down a very long metal track; participating in several activities at our holiday program; or answering questions for guests attending our Art Fair or Geofest programs.
The primary duties of children’s activities volunteers are to:
• Engage and interact with children and visitors of all ages at an activity table
• Encourage visitors as they try the activity
• Make sure that supplies are readily available
• Keep the area neat and organized
• Make examples of the activity to model the final product
• Clean up the area at the end of the event
Other duties may include:
• Acting as a greeter to assist guests with general information about the event and Museum
• Working in the coat check location
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Candidate should have public relations and verbal communication skills
• The ability to interact comfortably with children and visitors of all ages.
• Some manual dexterity may be required for specific activities.
• Some physical exertion may be necessary depending on the specific activity.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• General knowledge of the Museum
Ongoing, times vary for events. Shifts of 2 hours and 4 hours available.
Standard Evaluation; feedback available from Volunteer Services
• Free parking when volunteering
• Free membership, renewable annually, after completion of volunteer training program and 40 service hours. Membership privileges include free admission, invitations to events, and special programs.
• Discounts at the museum gift shop and restaurants.
• Free IMAX preview events.
Questions? Want to sign up? Contact Thomas Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Indiana State Museum
The Indiana State Museum is the crossroads of everything interesting, educational, and unique about the state. It’s a gathering place, a learning center, and family-friendly entertainment, all within a unique architectural treasure. With original works of art, hands-on exhibits, and an atmosphere that invites exploration and discovery, the museum is an ever-evolving experience that offers something different and surprising at every visit. It is top-notch entertainment and education that enables us to see the world through Indiana eyes. We invite you to become a part of this exciting museum as a volunteer.
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Submit an adult application. Youth (ages 16-18) may submit a youth application. To apply, visit us at www.indianamuseum.org/about. Scroll down to the volunteer section.