Battle of the Fans: Venues unite. Fans fight.
October 26 @ 8:00 am - December 30 @ 8:00 pm
Indiana Independent Venue Alliance has launched a statewide fundraiser, The Battle of the Fans, empowering fans to compete in a fundraising challenge to benefit Indiana live music venues.
For the last eight months, Indiana’s live music venues have faced unprecedented adversity. After surviving countless mandated closures and capacity restrictions, the reality of extinction is evident. With the touring industry essentially closed until spring, these small businesses are now facing a long winter with no shows. As the next wave of COVID-19 cases surge, consumers are retreating and further diminishing the hope for survival for many of these local companies. In the absence of meaningful federal assistance, despite overwhelming support of such measures, solutions are significantly limited. With no financial relief, no shows and no more options to pivot, the current situation is critical.
The Battle of the Fans empowers local music fans and Hoosier ambassadors to help the IIVA fundraise and drive awareness for the barrage of challenges facing the state’s independent venues. IIVA is grateful for the support of sponsors including Sweetwater Music and Mandolin, two Indiana companies giving back to the industry to ensure live entertainment has a future in the state.
Battle of the Fans Begins: Monday, October 26, 2020
Battle of the Fans Ends: Wednesday, December 30, 2020
CALL OUT FOR PARTICIPANTS
IIVA is seeking patrons with platforms and businesses to join the Battle of the Fans as HEADLINERS, the stars of the show. Local influencers, business leaders, athletes and celebrities are encouraged to join the Battle of the Fans and take the HEADLINER pledge to raise $2,500. Consumers are encouraged to join as SUPERFANS and take the pledge to raise $1,000 through their networks.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Sign up to join Battle of the Fans. Choose your level of fundraising commitment.
2. Update your profile page with your story, memories from your favorite venues, fun photos and favorite ticket stubs.
3. Share your personal fundraising page with your network and across social media channels.
4. As donations are made on your behalf, they are tracked on a virtual leaderboard.
5. Recruit friends to join as fundraisers.
6. Compete against other Headliners and Superfans for prizes. The leaderboard will be updated in real time.
7. Battle of the Fans ends on December 30, and the fan with the most points through fundraising and recruiting will be named the Battle of the Fans Grand Champion. Our top award includes a pair of tickets to more than 10 of Indiana’s top music venues for every show in 2021. Additional prizes including concert memorabilia, autographed Indianapolis Colts memorabilia and more.
HOW DONATIONS HELP THE IIVA
Funds raised through Battle of the Fans are used to fund IIVA’s grant programs, including The Marquee Relief Fund and Emergency Live Music Relief Fund. The Marquee Relief Fund is focused on helping brick and mortar venues while the Emergency Live Music Relief Fund is dedicated to live music promoters, festivals and the live events labor force.
IIVA recently announced the first recipients of its Marquee Relief Fund grants which awarded $25,000 in microgrants to Indiana venues including The Bluebird, The Melody Inn, Hoosier Dome, Mike’s Dance Barn, The Patron Saint, The Pavilion at Pan Am, Duke’s Indy, White Rabbit Cabaret, The Slippery Noodle, and The Mousetrap.
IIVA’s grant programs are funded entirely by donations from fans, the sale of Keep Indy Live merchandise, and local fundraisers.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Indiana Independent Venue Alliance, Sweetwater Music, amd Mandolin