April 28, 2019 – 6am to 1:30pm (shifts available)
The Best Buddies Indiana Friendship Walk is our largest annual event, both in attendance and in impact! The funds raised through and leading up to this event allow Best Buddies Indiana to continue opening new chapters, developing and training new leaders, supporting and placing Jobs participants, and continuing to provide help and support to existing chapters!
The 2018 Friendship Walk brought over 2,000 attendees to White River State Park, which means that our event day volunteers are SO IMPORTANT! There are various volunteer opportunities available–please see Eventbrite link to sign up.
If you are available for more than one time slot, (i.e. 6-9 for set up and then 9-12 for course marshal) please feel free to volunteer for both! Each volunteer will be provided with a volunteer t-shirt and breakfast!! After you register on Eventbrite, you will receive an email to give your phone number and t-shirt size.
- Set up: 6am-9am (Help set up tents, tables, food, etc.)
- Registration: 7:30am-10:30am (Work registration table to check in each attendee, pass out shirts, etc.)
- Course Marshall: 9am-12pm (Stationed along walk course to cheer walkers and give directions)
- Food: 10:30-1:30 (Assist with organizing and serving lunch to attendees)
- Crowd Monitor 1: 8:30am-11:30am (Help where needed–give directions, monitor bounce houses, help with VIP tent)
- Crowd Monitor 2: 11:30am-1:30pm (Help where needed–give directions, monitor bounce houses, help with VIP tent)
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions!
About Best Buddies Indiana
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs help people with IDD form meaningful relationships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills and feel valued by society.