Thursday Evenings, 6:30pm-8:30pm
At Circles Indianapolis (www.circlesindy.org), we build intentional relationships among people from all walks of life to help individuals living in poverty build resources and achieve their unique goals and dreams. Through our relationship-based approach, we address barriers that keep people in poverty and provide support to overcome those barriers. To help overcome barriers to participate, we provide a meal and childcare at no cost for each of our weekly meetings. Over time with participation, incomes improve, debt and public assistance decreases, and long-lasting transformational friendships are built that strengthen the entire community.
We meet weekly in meeting space provided by Tabernacle Presbyterian Church at 34th/Central in Indianapolis.
Circles Indianapolis is a chapter of Circles® USA, a national relationship-based movement that is in more than 70 communities throughout the U.S. and Canada (www.circlesusa.org). Circles USA provides guidance and programming support to each chapter.
More about the volunteer opportunity-
|Role Summary: The Children’s Program Coordinator is a leadership role responsible for the planning, preparation, organization and implementation of the Circles Children’s Program. This role that involves attending weekly Circles meetings.
[BRiCKs Alliance, Inc., our sponsor, advocates using 4 categories (GIVE/DO/ENGAGE/ADVOCATE) to better help define volunteer opportunities. This is a DO/ENGAGE type of volunteer opportunity.]
1. Attend weekly Circles meetings and provide a safe, secure, and caring environment for youth participating in Circles
2. Plan and implement Circles USA Children’s programming and/or other age-appropriate activities for children with the support of other Children’s Program Volunteers
3. Ensure proper staffing and ratio of volunteers to children within the program at all times
4. Manage the onboarding, orientation, and training of Circles Children’s Program Volunteers with the input of the Circles staff
5. Communicate clearly and effectively with children, parents, Circles staff and volunteers
6. Help manage any conflicts that may occur, and provide written reports on any incidents
7. Be self-motivated, self-directed, punctual, and flexible
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must consent to and pass a background check
If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Weekly on Thursday evenings from 6-8:30 p.m. (a dinner meal is included). Flexibility will be considered, for example a shared position or biweekly availability, etc.|