Ongoing; daytime volunteer
Chaucie’s Place is seeking volunteers to help present Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children™ in Marion, Hamilton, Boone, Madison, Tipton, Hancock and Hendricks Counties. Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children™ is a child sexual abuse prevention and education program that teaches elementary school-aged children that their bodies belong to them; they have the right to say “NO!” to unwanted touches from anyone; to tell an adult about any touches that make them uncomfortable; and we assure students that abuse is never, ever their fault.
SMART STEPS VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS:
• Commit to a minimum of two presentations a month from September through May;
• Presentations are typically Monday through Thursday in Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Tipton, Marion, Hendricks and Hancock County schools between 8:30am-11:30am; • Provide your own transportation to and from the schools;
• Complete and pass a Criminal History Background Check and Fingerprinting
• Attend a 1 hour Smart Steps™ Volunteer Training;
• Attend the 2.5 hour Stewards of Children® training within 6 months after volunteer orientation/training;
• Represent Chaucie’s Place in a professional and friendly manner, following Chaucie’s Place’s Code of Conduct;
• Follow the program script during all presentations.
To learn more and get involved, contact Nellie Moshier at email@example.com or (317) 759-8008.
About Chaucie’s Place
Chaucie’s Place works passionately to ensure the welfare of children by offering evidence-based, high quality prevention programs to end the cycle of abuse and ensure that children of central Indiana have the opportunity to live to their highest potential.